- Can I bring sponsorship for the PMI Chennai Chapter? 19/10/2015
Please get in touch with the board of directors, email@example.com, for aligning with the terms and conditions before inviting sponsorships towards the chapter.
- Whom should I contact if I want to present a seminar or organize a workshop? 19/10/2015
If you are interested in presenting at the knowledge sharing sessions or organizing a workshop or if you would like to recommend someone for the same, please mail to the Vice President & Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How many members are there in the PMI Chennai chapter? 19/10/2015
We have strong base of 1300+ members at the moment and are growing gradually. Our social media pages are being actively followed by more than 1600 professionals and other PMI Chapters across India. In members we are honoured to have eminent personalities across various profiles from numerous industries. The inception of the PMI Chennai Chapter in 2002 stands testimony to the extensive experience and expertise of members who are integral part of the chapter.
- Where are the Knowledge Sharing Sessions, PMP & Beyond training programs and other meetings held? 19/10/2015
The PMI Chennai Chapter organizes majority of the meetings at the IIT – Madras Research Park although it actively seeks for new venues. If the number of participants is significant from a particular organization, events get conducted in their office premises only after availing consent.
- How frequently are chapter meetings held? Which day and normally what time? 19/10/2015
The PMI Chennai Chapter targets to conduct two Knowledge Sharing Sessions each month. They are usually scheduled on Saturdays from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm. Apart from this, the Engineering and Construction wing of the chapter conducts forum every two months. The forums happen on alternative Saturdays so that it does not overlap with the Knowledge Sharing Sessions.
While there are six other days in the week, based on conducting these sessions regularly for more than 5 years, the chapter has elected to conduct all the networking sessions on Saturdays due to overwhelming response and active participation. However, schedules may differ during exceptional circumstances that may hinder proper functioning of the event.
The PMP & Beyond Training Program is scheduled on the second and third weekends of every month. For maximum effectiveness, the number of attendees is restricted to 16 and other prospective participants will be required to enrol in the following month’s program.
The one-day workshops are conducted on request and usually held after two weeks post the taster session. The PMI Chennai Chapter attempts to conduct these workshops every quarter and they are usually scheduled over the weekends.
All other event schedules and venues will be communicated in advance by mailers and through social media.
- Is it worth becoming a PMI Chennai Chapter member? 19/10/2015
Yes, it is worth becoming a part of the PMI Chennai Chapter for numerous reasons including:
The PMI Chennai Chapter is one of the most renowned chapters in the Asia Pacific region and it is known all over the world for member engagements through social media. The PMI Chennai Chapter bagged the Runner-up Award for the chapter of the year category in 2013.
Our chapter membership fee is US$15. Your membership fee with other sponsorship inflows translates into not just monetary benefits but also invaluable offerings which money can’t buy. Some of the benefits experienced by chapter members are given below:
• Associate with more than 7000 project management professionals
• Get to network in-person during fortnightly events and listen to distinguished speakers discuss state of the art project management topics for zero cost!
• Significant discounts for members on PMP & Beyond Training programs, one-day workshops, national level project management conference and state level project management conference
• Early bird discounts for members on national level project management conference and state level project management conference
• Dedicated Engineering and Construction forum for project planning and control professionals
• Gain hands on experience on the advanced project management practices through one-day dedicated workshops accompanied with taster sessions
• Get assistance for PMP certification from PMP certified and working professionals
• Build relationships with Ambassadors who provide an interface between the Chapter members, Local, Private, and Public Sector Organizations
• Annual General Meeting (AGM) only for registered members of the chapter
• Chapter members get the privilege to elect Board of Directors and thus can provide a direction for the chapter. Others are restricted from casting their votes
• Chapter members get to retain their certifications by active participation in chapter events because discussion topics are carefully selected considering the returns in terms of PDUs for members
• PMI Certificate holders earn up to 6 PDUs by delivering knowledge sharing sessions and by volunteering in various chapter activities
• Participate in Student Connect awareness programs and gain conception of next generation project practitioners
• Goodies inclusive of chapter t-shirts are available for chapter members every year and for those special occasions
- Is it worth becoming a PMI member? 19/10/2015
PMI.org states that no matter your career level, membership in Project Management Institute makes you stand out from the crowd. PMI membership signifies that you are:
• Dedicated to best practices in project management
• Committed to successful results
• Enthusiastic about quality, productivity and return on investment
• PMI membership indicates your professional values and aspirations. It also provides tangible benefits that include: members-only services and discounts, complimentary publications, continuing education opportunities and more
For more details check PMI membership benefits here: http://www.pmi.org/GetInvolved/Pages/The-Benefits-and-Types-of-Membership.aspx
- What is the PMI Membership fee and PMI Chennai Chapter membership fee? 19/10/2015
PMI membership fee costs US$139 for individuals and US$32 for full-time students. Membership rate includes US$10 application fee. The PMI Chennai Chapter membership fee is US$15.
- How do I become PMI Chennai Chapter member? 19/10/2015
To become a PMI Chennai Chapter member while signing up for PMI membership, add local chapter under Components (Chapters, SIGs, Colleges) section of the PMI Membership form by clicking on “Add Chapter” button and the add “PMI Chennai Chapter”.
If you are already PMI Member and want to enrol yourself into the PMI Chennai Chapter, then please login to member area and do the following steps:
1. Visit: http://marketplace.pmi.org/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?GMProduct=00100126300
2. Click on “Add to Cart” button, next click on “Checkout” button
In case the above URL is not working, then after login to PMI site, do the following:
1. Click on “Membership” from the menu, and select “Local Chapters” under Popular Benefits. The regions where local chapters are located will be displayed
2. From the “Asia Pacific” region, click on “India”, and you will be directed to the page in which all the chapters located in India are listed
3. Scroll down and locate “Chennai Chapter” and select “Join”
4. Once you have been directed to the marketplace, click on “Add to Cart” button, next click on “Checkout” button
- How do I become PMI Member? 19/10/2015
To become a PMI member, please initiate the membership application process at: http://www.pmi.org/membership/become-a-member.aspx