Proposal Developed for Chennai Flood Relief Rehabilitation Initiatives
On behalf of PMI Chennai Chapter family, we would like to express our heartfelt gratitude and appreciation for standing by us in these tough times and for your willingness to support us in all our activities.
We have witnessed an amazing exhibition of volunteerism in the last few weeks. The implication of all these valiant effort is evident as Chennai is slowly but surely back on its way to normalcy.
Following up with our initials plans to rehabilitate schools with your invaluable support, we have made significant progress on building overall strategy and identifying initial activities to expedite recovery.
The Flood Relief Initiatives committee, headed by Mr. Sriram Raghavan, VP – Certification, have come up with the following proposal for rehabilitation:
- The Chapter will aid school(s) as a part of the rehabilitation activities
- Items that will be supported or sponsored include Dust Free Boards for Classrooms, Electrical Items like Fans, Lights, Furniture like Bench, table, Chair, RO plant installation or repair work
- Immediate needs will be supported based on availability of funds for Flood Relief
- Ashok Nagar Girls Higher Secondary School (Chennai) has been identified to start with our rehabilitation measures. The chapter will advance on rehabilitation support based on the school administration’s inputs on what is required
- Depending upon the contributions from others, the number of items will be extended and more schools will be supported
Further, members are most welcome to share about other schools that have been impacted and require support. The chapter will make decisions pertaining to the referred schools at a later point in time considering the inputs from the members and based on the availability of funds.
To make your heartfelt contributions, we kindly request you to join us on the 26th of December 2015 between 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM at Conference Hall 1, IIT Madras Research Park, MGR Film City Road, Taramani, Chennai.
Click here for driving directions.
If you would like to make a spot contribution, please do make it through a cheque favoring “PMI Chennai Chapter” as we don’t entertain cash.
We will definitely like to meet you in person but if you wish to make an electronic transfer, please send a mail to Prasannaa, Secretary, PMI Chennai Chapter, for further directions.
We are confident that with your full support in the Flood Relief Initiatives, we could rehabilitate many schools in the days to come and bring the priceless smile as well as instill “hope” in numerous students and their families.
Looking forward to your involvement on 26th December, 2015 at IITM Research Park for supporting this social cause.
Every contribution counts for the betterment of a life!