The PMI Chennai Chapter (PMICC) is a non-profit oriented chartered component of Project Management Institute (PMI®), headquartered in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, USA. We are a registered society under the Tamilnadu Registration of Societies Act. We are therefore a not-for-profit, tax – exempt membership society.
The PMICC excels in providing numerous services to individuals from all walks of life. Knowledge sharing and networking sessions, PMP & Beyond training programs, one-day workshops, membership, volunteering through leadership opportunities and operational excellence schemes are some of the offerings by the chapter. Through the Student Connect Programs, the PMICC creates awareness on PMI® activities at leading institutions and universities in the state.
In the year 2002, a group of visionaries headed by Dr. P. N. Sridharan initiated a new PMI® affiliated chapter at Chennai. Since then, passionate volunteer leaders have enabled the PMICC to take giant strides for more than a decade so as to make the chapter as vibrant as it is today!
Goal and Principles
The PMICC has the motto of being an organisation “of the members”, “by the members” and “for the members”.
We at PMICC endeavour to make our best effort for serving broad sections of our society including the ABCs – Academia, Business and Community.
- President: Mr. Prasannaa Sampathkumar, PMP
- Secretary & Vice President – Certification: Mr. Sriram Raghavan, PMP
- Vice President – Finance: Mr. Koushik Srinivasan, PMP
- Vice President – Marketing: Mr. Syed Razik, PMP
- Vice President – Professional Development: Mr. Viju Varghese George, PMP
- Vice President – Membership: Mr. Nandakumar Sampathkumar, PMP
- Vice President – Governance: Mr. Jawahar Venkatraman, PMP
- Vice President – Volunteer Development: Mr. Arun Seetharaman, PMP
- Vice President – Advocacy & Outreach: Mr. Sivaram Athmakuri, PMP
- Immediate Past President: Mr. P. Ramasubramaniam, PMP